The developers are rebooting the Abe’s Oddysee series with Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty. The voices will be used for the Mudokon who are the natives and workers on the planet the game takes place on.
The sound quality has to be at a high standard for the game so you must have the following:
- Decent microphone for recording your voice
- Soundcard or Audio Interface capable of 24bit/96kHz recording
- Good cables (if there’s electrical feedback we can’t use it)
- The script to read out
- A SoundCloud account
The sound clips required are the following, once you’ve had a few practices turn on your microphone and get recording!
- Hello / Hi
- Angry hissing
- Pain grunts (oof, ow, eugh, etc) x5
- Death screams x3
- Bonus points for providing some sound effects for the wildlife of Mudos (birds, Scrabs, Elums, etc.)
Your audio clips must be in by Friday July 26.
To enter your sample, simply upload your audio and share with the developers account on SoundCloud either public or privately shared. You must put your name in the title and file name so you get credit for your work. Multiple takes are encouraged but the file must be 24BIT/96KHZ WAV FORMAT, and downloadable from SoundCloud.
There is no guarantee that your sound clip will be used but if it is used you will be in the end credits of the game for all to see.
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty will be out on PS3 and Vita by the end of this year and on Wii U, PS4 and PC in 2014.