The game will be released in the second quarter of 2011 with the winning Train2Game student team credited as the originators of the title and taking share of the revenue along with a donation to the Princes Trust Charity
The team challenge involves making a game based around using the UK postcode map above. The Train2Game student team made came must adhere to the following criteria:
- Games must be developed in GameMaker only.
- There are no restrictions on the game type or genre
- There are no restrictions on art style or look and feel
- The game must include multi-player in some form, either 2,3 or 4.
- The base image must not be changed in any way.
The style and tempo of the game is entirely down to the Train2Game student teams, and the final product will be assessed on ingenuity, innovation and playability.
Teams submitting games need to meet these criteria, with no exceptions:
- The competition is open to Train2Game students aged 17 or over
- All team members must be current Train2Game students.
- Teams can include between 2 and 5 members.
- Students can only take part in one team and are not allowed to members of multiple teams
To enter, Train2Game students must gather their team of 2-5 people together, name it, make a list of team members complete with contact details, and nominate captain and send this in an email to email@example.com
The competition closes on the 20th of December at 4pm, with the winning team being revealed in January.
For more information, and full terms and conditions, please see the competition thread on the Train2Game forum.