Devolver Digital, the Austin-based independent video game and film distributor, today announced plans to air a weekly series of live screenings of video game related movie titles on Twitch, the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers.
The series kicks off on January 9, 2015 with a new airing each Friday through February 20. Each film will air at approximately 2:15pm at www.twitch.tv/twitch and will feature live chatting with the respective filmmakers.
The series will begin with a screening of the Devolver-produced documentary Stream Dream. This film chronicles the rising influence of gaming video content creators using Twitch and other video platforms to reach their worldwide audiences. Devolver will preface Stream Dream with a premiere of its new Winter Releases Trailer which features upcoming movie releases from the indie publishing and distribution house.
• January 9: Stream Dream and Winter Releases Trailer
• January 16: Pixel Poetry – A games-as-art documentary
• January 23: (no broadcast)
• January 30: Angry Video Game Nerd – The movie adaptation of the popular comic web series
• February 6: Gaming in Color – LGBTQ gamer documentary
• February 13: Super Game Jam: The Movie – Game development becomes entertainment
• February 20: To be announced
“Twitch represents a new frontier for filmmakers looking to connect with an audience who is passionate about video game culture,” said Ben Goldhaber, Director of Content Marketing, Twitch. “Devolver Digital is the perfect example of a studio who understands the appeal of Twitch’s social video format by both documenting our brand in Stream Dream and scheduling broadcasts of half a dozen gaming films on our platform.”
All of the films will also be available for rental and download on digital VOD platforms including Amazon, GOG, Google Play, Playstation, Vudu, Xbox, VHX, Vimeo on Demand, and Gumroad.