Online gaming is a constant struggle in innovation and finding new ways to make a game successful and build a thriving community around any title is hard work.
Curse wanted to discover not only what players wanted from a VOIP service but what helps build a stronger community for the gamers that spend so much time trying to make the most from their time online. In a survey of 1,001 gamers, Curse has discovered that VoIP does in fact improve the online gaming experience.
Voice Communication and Gaming Go Hand-in-hand
· 78% play video games more than 10 hours a week.
· 100% use some type of voice communication.
· 64% sometimes used voice, while 36% always used voice communication.
Players “Enjoy the Game” More When Using Voice Communication
· 90% played 2 or more PC games with the majority focusing on 2-4 different games.
· 48% use a voice communication service over 50% of the time while gaming.
· 72% had a more enjoyable experience in-game when using voice communication services.
Voice Communication Makes A Game’s Playerbase Stronger, More Engaged and More Positive
· 67% play more frequently when using a voice communication service.
· 74% experienced longer and more successful sessions when using voice communication.
· 70% had more positive game experiences when using voice communication and would prefer using a standardized service through the games in which they play.
Gamers Crave Great Features From Their VoIP
· 70% choose their communication software based on its Features and Performance.
· Free to use, Friends list and Friends Sync were also considered very important features in choosing a VoIP service for online gaming.
This data is based on a survey conducted by Curse.com. The sample consisted of 1,001 people to give an accurate representation of the VoIP market. The survey questionnaire was written by Curse.com and administered through Survata.com. A small, +/- 4% margin of error is accounted for within all results.