Team17 has today completed docking procedures and launched Worms Rumble, the first real-time action instalment in the beloved, multi-award-winning Worms series, onto Nintendo Switch, Epic Games Store, and on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One (via the Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass.
The release of the game, which first launched on PlayStation consoles and Steam for PC in November last year, will coincide with the availability of a brand-new and free arena – Spaceport Showdown – across all platforms.
Enjoy ‘orbit’ of the new space-age Worms Rumble trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExgNw0yqu7U&ab_channel=Team17
Set far above the stratosphere, the Spaceport Showdown features a new, randomly generated, low-gravity mechanic that slows the action down during battle and joins the existing available maps: Deadly Dockyard, Battlegrounds Bank, Missile Mall, Portal Park, and Transforming Towers. New extra-terrestrial premium skins, banners, and emotes will help acclimatise the weapon-toting annelids to their new surroundings. A free exclusive outfit, the Series Green Hoodie, will be available to Xbox players, while those on Nintendo Switch can enjoy the free Patchwork Bear outfit.
Worms Rumble key features:
- Fast-paced, arena action: Open fire in six varied arenas in up-to-32-player, real-time combat across five solo and team-based game modes, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and the battle royale mode, Last Worm Standing
- Take aim across the platforms: Take on friends, frenemies, and unfamiliars whatever the platform, with cross-play matchmaking
- Make your Worm its own: Choose and unlock over 1000 options to full customise your worm, from outfits and hats, to eye colour and teeth shape; further personalise the weapons they wield with additional skins to unlock
- Lock and load your arsenal: Crates across the arenas contain a host of weapons and items, including fan favourites like the Sheep Launcher, Holy Hand Grenade, and Grapple Gun.
- Regular Lab events: The time-limited event Lab mode provides preset maps, weapons, and gameplay mechanics for players to master and unlock new skins
A physical release for Worms Rumble is coming to all console platforms on 13th July.