Chimpact, a brand new title which is taking the mobile market by storm is showing gamers and games developers what is possible on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. The Yippee! Entertainment team have created exclusive features for the latest version of the game, which highlight some of the unique tools developers can utilise when creating games for Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
Gamers will now be able to play through the game, with orientation flipping to increase enjoyment and playability. They can play the game on their desktop, tablet and mobile, with the game being synched across devices, and their current game status updated on Window’s new tile desktop layout. You can also share your game status with friends through: data in text, html and image file formats.
In the game you meet the lovable chimp, Chuck as he springs into action throughout the jungle in this one-touch control game that’s filled with mischief and mayhem. The aim of the game is to collect bunches of bananas in each stage, as well as exploring every nook and cranny to find the hidden gems but beware the nasty jungle critters lurking where you least expect them.
You get the pleasure of discovering secret paths, avoiding obstacles and time your jumps to perfection in this gorgeous jungle adventure. Grab the bonus bananas on your way to enable special abilities in the shop, unlock new costumes and characters to play as one of the other characters in Chuck’s adorable family.
- Simple, one-touch gameplay with universal appeal
- Stunning visuals and character design
- Four worlds to explore with 12 levels each.
- Two different game modes to beat: Gem Quest and Totem Trail
- Bananas and hidden gems to collect and achievements to unlock
- Eight abilities and four cool chimps to unlock
- Over 150 challenge medallions to earn
- Available on all major mobile platforms
- Exclusive content now available on Windows 8
Exclusive features to Windows 8 and Windows Phone
- Dynamic landscape or portrait view – for Win8 tablets we still allow portrait mode as well as the new landscape mode and respond to orientation events to dynamically switch between them
- Landscape mode – reworked levels, camera + rendering to support landscape view for desktop
- Live tile update showing current game progress
- Roaming save data – save data stored on cloud (if using Microsoft account) and automatically synced across laptop and tablet devices
- Share current game status via the share charm (over 60 images, 50 different states – share data in text, html and image files formats)
- Access in game options any time via Settings charm
As well as the new features Yippee! Entertainment will also be rolling out a PR push for the title on Windows 8 and Windows Mobile, including a major competition and other significant PR initiatives to be announced in the near future.
Mike Delves, Managing Director, Yippee! Entertainment said: “Adapting Chimpact for Windows 8 and Windows Phone we’ve started to see what is possible on these platforms, of particular interest is the ability to seamlessly sync across devices. This multiple platform gaming is going to be the future and Windows 8 and Windows Phone make developing for this market incredible simple. Gamers can now play Chimpact on mobile, tablet or desktop devices, and it’s all saved and backed up with cloud support from Microsoft.”
You can find out more about the game by going to www.chimpact.com