Tickets for EGX, the UK’s biggest video games event, are now available to buy via the EGX website at www.egx.net/egx/tickets .
A successful transition to Birmingham’s National Exhibition Centre in 2015 saw EGX attract its largest audience to date. EGX 2016 – powered by Virgin Media – returns to the NEC from 22nd to 25th September.
Over 250 different games on nearly 2,000 screens filled the EGX 2015 show floor, including blockbusters from PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Activision, Ubisoft, SEGA and EA. EGX 2016 is expected to go even further, with even more games from the world’s biggest publishers in tandem with the latest games from the flourishing indie scene.
Virtual Reality was one of the stories of EGX 2015, with PlayStation VR and HTC Vive both making their UK public debuts, and Oculus Rift headsets also available to sample. 2016 is set to be a pivotal year for virtual reality and EGX will once again be the premier event for showcasing this cutting-edge technology in the UK.
EGX has long been the number one choice in the UK for exhibiting pre-release games, and media outlets are expected to bring coverage of the event to an international audience. In 2015 major publications including BBC Newsbeat, Channel 5, Vice and Radio One produced over 400 pieces of coverage for a combined audience of 1.5 billion.
Attendee feedback for 2015’s event was overwhelmingly positive and the EGX team will build on this success with further additions and innovations for 2016. These include the addition of a fifth hall, resulting in 20 per cent more floor space; more playable games and features than ever before; the introduction of afternoon tickets; and extended opening hours on Saturday and Sunday. Additionally, an improved registration process is being implemented to allow attendees to maximise their gameplay time at the event.
David Lilley, Managing Director of Gamer Events, said, “Our focus this year is on delivering what we know attendees want – more playable games and yet more gaming activities. An additional hall will enable us to achieve this aim and will allow us to provide more spaces for attendees to spend time gaming with friends. The changes in ticket structure will result in improved crowd management and an even better attendee experience. EGX is the UK’s flagship games event and we’re excited at the prospect of taking it even further.”
EGX’s long and successful association with Virgin Media continues and their customers will have access to the best value tickets, with a limited number of half-price early entry tickets available for each day.
Features planned for EGX 2016:
● The number one destination for fans of games to meet up with friends and share their enthusiasm for their hobby
● A huge Rezzed Zone with the world’s largest collection of independently developed games
● A packed Developer Sessions schedule featuring the world’s greatest game creators
● A massive eSports stage delivered in partnership with Gfinity, leaders in eSports
● The biggest ever EGX cosplay arena
● More retro games and retro gaming systems than ever before
● The GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair, offering invaluable advice to those looking to begin a career in games
● Prominent YouTube personalities meeting fans
● The Rezzed Sessions stage, featuring panels giving in-depth insight into the game development process
● Retail stands with limited edition merch and pre-order incentives exclusive to EGX
● The UK’s number one fighting game stage
● A large tabletop gaming area with the latest games, and experts from Esdevium Games on-hand to guide players
Early entry ticket holders will have access to the event from 10am, day ticket holders will be able to enter from 11am and entry for those with afternoon tickets is 2pm. EGX closes at 6pm on Thursday and Friday and 7pm on the weekend. Tickets are now available via the EGX website (www.egx.net/egx/tickets ).