This new solo/cooperative (up to four players) game of adventure and exploration invites aspiring adventurers to return to the frost-covered lands of Skyrim.
Take up arms against dragons, Daedra, trolls, and many more wretched creatures to help the common folk sleep a little easier at night as you battle for glory. It’s a dangerous time, so the party brave enough to charge head-first into danger best have each other’s backs. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Adventure Game will arrive in summer 2022 and is currently taking pre-orders via Gamefound.
So scarf down that Eidar cheese wheel and don some Nord armor — there’s a kingdom that needs saving!
In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Adventure Game, players are surviving members of the Blades, a legendary group who long protected the Empire of Tamriel, and must band together to thwart a plot to eradicate them all!
In the world of TheElder Scrolls, select from one of the races of Tamriel: Nord, Dunmer, Imperial, Altmer, Khajiit, or Orsimer. Equip your character with a wide range of weapons, spells, and armor. Travel across the Holds of Skyrim to places like Riften, Solitude, Falkreath, and Whiterun. Attempt a huge range of evolving quests that change the game with each decision, explore the wilderness and meet NPCs. Fight dangerous foes like Draugr, Frostbite Spiders, Daedra, and Dwemer Constructs in the ancient ruins and tombs of Skyrim. Gain experience and amazing treasures, upgrade and enchant your gear, level up your character, and play through six chapters of two huge campaigns in this endlessly replayable board game.
Your quests will lead you across Skyrim – sometimes in short side ventures, others in connected storylines that change with your choices and with your successes or failures! Gain powerful weapons, armor, and spells, amazing treasure, experience points, and of course, followers. But watch out! If you ignore the growing threat across Skyrim, the Strongholds may fall and you’ll be faced with increasingly dangerous crises.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Adventure Game contains two major narrative-driven campaigns, each made up of three chapters. Each chapter can change depending on your choices, following your own quests in the main storyline or meeting up for key events and exploring dungeons together. Save your character’s progress at the end of a chapter, or even mid-game, and start again from where you left off the next time you play.
“Skyrim is one of the most iconic video games of all time,” said Chris Birch, CCO and co-founder at Modiphius Entertainment. “Which made creating a board game based on Skyrim, with all its depth of storytelling, a truly exciting challenge. We’ve been quietly delving deep into the narrative of Skyrim over the last 3 years as we worked on this in secret, and there’s not a doubt in my mind that The Elder Scrolls fans and board game enthusiasts alike will love the result.”
Key Features of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Adventure Game:
- Tamriel’s Tiny Faces: Choose from one of six several lavishly detailed plastic miniatures based on iconic Elder Scrolls races like the Khajiit, High Elf, and Nord as an in-game avatar (with more options in the Dawnguard expansion)
- Compatible with Call to Arms: Fearsome foes like dragons, Daedra, and trolls will be available as miniature upgrades and are scaled to be compatible with Modiphius’s The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms miniatures game — meaning they can be used in this game and vice versa
- Gear-Up: What adventure doesn’t involve a bit of treasure hunting? There are loads of weapons, armor, and ancient artifacts for players to find that increase their power as you upgrade or enchant your gear to customize your abilities.
- Gather Your Party: Go it alone, or bring up to three other players on a journey to explore Skyrim’s secrets that might save its people from certain doom
- Skills, Swords, and Spells: Be it a greataxe, bow, or spells, players will be able to tailor their combat style as they like, matching their choices with a variety of skill upgrades that will give them advantages in different quests
- There and Back Again: With each chapter offering roughly 90 to 120 minutes of core questing, an initial playthrough with no diversions for sidequests or exploration should last about 12 hours. Yet, thanks to a plethora of story choices, character options, and play styles, there are practically hundreds of hours worth of content to uncover in subsequent playthroughs.
- Familiar Friends and Foes: The core box includes the Nord, Dunmer, Imperial, Altmer, Khajiit, and Orsimer characters and their 32mm scale pre-assembled miniatures
Dovahkiin eager to get their hands on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Adventure Game can place their pre-orders via Gamefound when the project goes live on 11/2/2021 with an expected delivery in summer 2022. What’s more, Modiphius will launch a free sample of the game on Tabletop Simulator soon.
More info about Modiphius Entertainment is available on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and the official website: https://www.modiphius.net.