Sony Pictures and XR Games’ hit VR shooter launches with a special 10 hour live broadcast this Thursday on Steam
Following a highly successful launch on Oculus Quest, ‘Zombieland VR: Headshot Fever’ hits SteamVR on Thursday 29th July with a special 10 hour live broadcast and thousands of dollars of cash prizes to give away.
A nominee for ‘Game of the Year’ at the 2021 VR Awards, Zombieland VR is developed by Sony Pictures Virtual Reality (SPVR) and XR Games. The game is inspired by light-gun games of the 90s and the racing games of today, and lets players join Tallahassee, Wichita, Columbus, and Little Rock to take on the most lethal zombie-killing racecourse ever – the Zombieland Invitational!
Since its launch in March 2021, ‘Zombieland VR: Headshot Fever,’ has received over 350 Oculus Store ratings with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5, hit the top ten Oculus sales charts in its first two weeks on sale, and won ‘Best Video / Audio’ in the VR category at the 2021 NYX Awards.
To celebrate the launch of Zombieland VR: Headshot Fever on SteamVR, XR Games will be hosting a special 10 hour live broadcast on the Zombieland VR Steam page from 6 pm BST / 1 pm PT / 10 am ET, running until 4 am BST / 11 pm PT / 8 pm ET.
Featuring popular VR content creators The Lonely Viper, GAMERTAG VR, Simply Chris, Jeaire, and GameOnScorpio, players and viewers will get a chance to win thousands of dollars of cash prizes and giveaways during the live broadcast.
Thursday’s SteamVR release brings with it a host of graphical improvements such as enhanced anti-aliasing, screen space ambient occlusion, supreme colour grading, 4 bone skinning, and the quality of real-time shadows has also been boosted.
This SteamVR version also includes two extra levels, giving SteamVR players a first look at two new levels not seen on other platforms. It also includes the three new levels recently added to the big ‘Kingpin Update’ on Oculus Quest, fixes, improvements, and more.
Here’s what else players can look forward to in Zombieland VR on Steam:
- Join the crew – Get trained up by Tallahassee, Wichita, Columbus, and Little Rock to take on the undead.
- Adrenaline system – Two headshots in a row makes the world slow, use it to your advantage!
- Global leaderboards – Challenge your friends, beat their times, and climb the global leaderboards.
- Powerful weapons – Unlock shotguns, revolvers, assault rifles, and more to find your ideal loadout.
- Upgrade your arsenal – Improve your weapons with powerful upgrades and perks
- The Zombieland Invitational – Take your skills, weapons, upgrades, and perks into the fastest, most dangerous zombie killing race course ever devised.
- Built for VR from the ground up – Bringing light-gun shooters back from the dead, and into your home.
For more information go to https://www.zombielandvrgame.com/https://www.zombielandvrgame.com/