The Train2Game jobs this week is another Aardvark Swift special!
Our client is looking for a C++ Developer. This is an exciting opportunity that has arisen for a market-focused game software developer. This role is key to the production of a continuous pipeline of quality games to our networked digital estates. The successful developers will need to quickly understand the markets and territories in which we operate and adapt their methods accordingly.
The candidate will develop games content for video slot machines in a variety of markets including the UK, Italy and Latin America. Content is written using C++ so creating new content using simple, modular coding style and good C++ practices is essential.
• Writing high quality, maintainable, game content software.
• Diagnosing and problem solving discovered issues
• Communicating and working with the design, art and test departments.
• Producing and analysing game data to prove stability and fairness.
• Inputting into game design where appropriate
• Adhering to agreed designs
• Follow source control processes to ensure stability and security of work
• Rigorously adhere to deadlines agreed with line manager
• Following processes and procedures as defined to successful task conclusion
• Deciding what and when to escalate to the manager
• Adhering to the procedures and work instructions of Inspired where they relate to the job.
• Working effectively as a member of an individual team as well as Inspired as a whole.
• Ensuring you report for work on time and are prepared to work.
• Assisting with mentoring of new and/or less experienced staff as required.
• Highly proficient knowledge of C++
• Experienced in Visual Studio 2010
• Be able to apply themselves to a wide and unpredictable range of software tasks.
• Be able to manage and switch between several concurrently active jobs.
• A good understanding of Subversion.
• Relevant degree e.g. Computer software, programming.
• An understanding of DirectX
• Must be a highly motivated individual.
• Must be able to perform well under strict deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be able to pioneer new techniques
Further details are available by contacting Mark Hope at: Mark@aswift.com
C++ Programmer All Levels
Bristol and Dublin
£Excellent + Benefits
C++ programmers – Bristol and Dublin
Our Client is part of a Global companies R&D team creating the technology game developers use to make great video games. They have created the programming tools used to develop on some of the world’s most popular gaming platforms. The company has built a reputation for understanding and meeting the needs of game developers, by creating innovative software and providing first-class support.
If you join as a new graduate you will initially spend time developing tests to ensure you get to know our products and code base. This is a great entry point for starting your career as a developer, working alongside talented, experienced engineers.
If you join us with some experience you will primarily spend your time developing new features and maintaining the current product range.
In addition you will be required to:
• Provide estimates for tasks
• Develop and deliver work to schedule
• Provide input to technical writers working for product documentation
• Work with support engineers on customer issues
• Participate in code and documentation reviews
Occasionally there are opportunities to attend conferences in the US/Europe and to visit customers to demonstrate products. Some travel between SN Systems’ offices is also likely.
Qualifications and experience:
• Computer Science related degree or similar.
• Graduates will need to demonstrate strong C++ ability gained through their studies or similar.
• Experienced candidates will be required to demonstrate 2-5 years C++ experience in a commercial environment.
All candidates will be required to demonstrate an understanding of SN Systems products, and a genuine desire to work on them.
Experienced candidates will be required to demonstrate the following skills:
• Strong C++ and STL development skills.
• Demonstrable OO (Object Orientated) design skills.
• MFC 9.0 (VS C++ 2008) and practical experience of developing Microsoft Windows applications with graphical user interfaces (for example GDI).
Knowledge and experience of:
• Visual C++ frameworks including ATL/WTL.
• Debugger internals.
• Debugging file formats.
• Developing debuggers.
• MIPS, PowerPC or ARM architectures.
• Multi-threaded experience.
• Presentation skills.
• Team leadership/mentoring experience.
• Knowledge of MSBuild.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please contact Mark Hope: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01709 834 777
Tools Programmer and Graduate Tools Programmer
North West, UK
£Neg + Bonus
Our client has been making games for more than 15 years. They now employ more than 150 people and have released games on major platforms like PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS. They also work with some Great IP’s and a variety of game types.
They are seeking a Tools Programmer or Graduate Tools Programmer to join their team developing technology at the core of all their productions, from AAA games on every major console and handheld device (over 100 million units sold to date), to their award-winning TV shows, broadcast around the world.
If successful, you will play a significant part in shaping the way art, animation and designs are produced across new projects, as well as keeping our technology up to date with the state of the art in the industry.
They are looking for candidates with:
• A good degree in Computer Science, Maths or Physics or related subject (2.i or above)
• Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming
• Experience of Direct X, OpenGL or similar graphics APIs Experience of writing user interfaces using one or more common UI libraries (Win32 GDI/wxWindows/Qt/…)
• Ability to interact with non-technical disciplines (such as artists and designers), understand their needs, deliver solutions they find intuitive and helpful
• A real desire to make users’ day-to-day work easier, simpler and more productive
A strong candidate will also have one or more of the following:
• Experience of writing plugins for common 3D and 2D packages (Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop preferably)
• A confident grasp of the mathematics involved in CG rendering and animation
• The ability to analyse and optimise algorithms for efficiency
• Experience developing products for one or more non-PC gaming devices
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Mark Hope at Aardvark Swift on +44 (0) 1709 834777 or e-mail email@example.com
£Excellent + Benefits
My client is an energetic and enthusiastic company of experienced video game developers with offices based in Brighton, UK.
They are a growing company working on projects with small team sizes. They are looking for a Game programmer that is happy to work in whatever area is required of them – this could change on a daily basis!
*Junior/Graduate Programmers with relevant demos and a positive attitude are encouraged to apply!*
• 2.1 degree in Maths, Physics, Computer Science or related, or equivalent industry experience
• Excellent knowledge of C# or C++
• Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Experience of creating games on desktop or mobile platforms
• Desire to make great games
• Great communication skills (verbal and written)
• Happy to work as part of a team
• Demonstrable love for some area of game technology
• A passion for playing games and solving problems
• Flexible and keen to learn new skills
• Knowledge of two or more other programming languages (for example Java, Python, PHP, Clojure)
• 1 or more years of games industry experience
• 1 or more shipped titles on console, desktop or mobile platforms
• Strong knowledge of console, desktop and mobile architectures
• Knowledge of asynchronous engineering techniques
• Experience of Unity, Unreal or XNA
• Experience using digital content creation tools (for example Max, Maya, Photoshop)
In return the company offer an excellent Salary and Benefits.
More details are available by contacting Mark Hope at Aardvark Swift via email: firstname.lastname@example.org