Job Title Artist
Job Category Art / Animation
Skills Required Animator, Character Artist, Environment Artist, 2D / Concept / Texture Artist, UI Artist
We are looking for great artists to join our established art team. Artists with the passion and drive to create amazing, fun, characterful, mass-market games. Games the world wants to play. With the exceptional creative and technical art skills to create fun, addictive games, you will be contributing to the delivery of Outplay’s innovative, engaging and massively enjoyable games across the mobile and social gaming landscape.
What are you waiting for? Is this you?
• Ability to establish and maintain the creative vision for the next generation of social mobile games, producing concept sketches, illustrations and production artwork/animation in a variety of styles.
• Collaborates well with Art team and other disciplines
• Develops and manages asset pipelines
• Ability to take concept art to finished production level art
• 3D art and animation skills
• Graphic design/UI skills
• Several years of digital illustration, graphic design and/or 2D animation experience
• Demonstrable flexibility in style ranging from cheerful, cartoon illustration to more detailed, grittier artwork
• Solid working knowledge of 2D art production and tools including Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Knowledge of current mobile, Facebook and casual games and passion and vision to help craft the next generation of social mobile games
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ready to adapt in a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative environment
• Able to take direction well and, as required, constructively provide direction and guidance to others
• Able to handle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environments
• Experience developing art for online, mobile, casual and/or social games
• Game design and/or creative writing ability
To apply go to: http://www.outplayentertainment.com/jobs/
Job Title Tools Programmer – Sumo Digital
Job Category Programming
Skills Required Tools
Location Sheffield, UK & Europe
Job Description Sumo Digital is one of the UK’s most prolific and secure independent game developers.
Since our inception in 2003, we’ve had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include SEGA, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami and many more.
Though most renowned for our action/arcade sensibilities through the success of franchises such as Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Virtua Tennis and OutRun, Sumo has also garnered much commercial and critical praise for the consistent quality, ambition and playability of its involvement in many other series of games including the F1, Doctor Who, Broken Sword, New International Track and Field, and TOCA titles (as well as numerous PSN/XBLA games).
We are currently working on a number of unannounced but extraordinarily exciting AAA games across all formats and we’re looking for team members with the drive, passion and ambition that will help us make those games the best they can be.
The Tools Programmer will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining software tools and processes in all disciplines. This may include but is not limited to interactive editor-style visual tools as well as automated pipeline or build system tools.
Essential Job Functions
– Design, implement and maintain software tools for art, design, production and programming.
– Continuously improve the user experience and performance of our tools.
– Create and maintain technical software documentation.
– Work closely with the other disciplines to identify and resolve workflow & pipeline problems.
– Work closely with the tool users to assess and debug problems with our tools.
– Minimum 2 years experience in a relevant role
– Experience from outside the games industry or outstanding demos will be considered.
– MFC or other GUI toolkit experience (wxWndows, Qt, etc..)
– Experience using source control systems (e.g. Perforce, CVS, SVN)
– Maya API, MEL, 3dsMax SDK, MaxScript
– Scripting (python/perl/etc…)
– Knowledge of game content creation pipelines and tools
– Strong maths skills, especially in trigonometry and linear algebra
– Knowledge of games systems (3D graphics, animation, camera control, lighting)
– UI design experience
– Any SQL and/or .Net
Demonstrated Ability To:
– Work well/respond to pressure
– Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
– Think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
– Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
– Debug complex systems.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Category: Games and Level Design
Area: East Anglia
Salary Description: Competitive
Recruiter: Frontier Developments Ltd
Innovative gameplay has been one of Frontier’s core strengths over the years, and is something we continue to focus on in all our developments. Designers have a central role in developing our games, and will work closely with art and programming colleagues on a game project.
We are looking for designers who are full of creative flare and enthusiasm and have a passion for, and extensive knowledge of, games and gameplay. The roles are varied – both original IP and AAA licenses feature in our strong project line-up, spanning a number of game genres, and our reputation for compelling gameplay is achieved by our designers contributing fully at all stages of our game developments, from concept through to final gameplay balance.
After initially influencing the basic design of a game level, designers will use Frontier’s game editor and scripting system to implement their own design concept through to the final gameplay detail, and can expect to be involved in extensive play-testing.
Successful applicants must have a broad experience of playing games, and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of player mentality / psychology and gameplay mechanisms. Successful candidates will also have excellent verbal and written skills, possess the ability to work closely with a team, have excellent communication skills and ideally be educated to degree level. Experienced candidates should have at least one AAA game design to their name.
Experience of game editors (e.g. Unreal Editor, Worldcraft or Quake editors), basic 3D modelling skills and / or experience of scripting systems (e.g Unrealscript etc.) will be an advantage.
Industry experience is important but not essential, as long as you have examples of high quality work that you have done. These do not need to relate to a game, but should show off your talent.
Please apply either by email (including a CV and any showreel/demos) to email@example.com, or by surface mail to the address on the ‘contact us’ page of this website.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Category: QA and Localisation
Area: South East
Salary Description: Competitive
Recruiter: NaturalMotion Games
NaturalMotion is looking for a tester to work on its upcoming mobile platform titles. This is a full time, contract position with an expected minimum duration of 3 months.
Daily duties will include testing and reporting issues discovered, working to use and improve test cases and working with small, project-based teams to ensure efficient testing throughout a project’s life.
While extensive testing experience is ideal, it is not strictly necessary and a little testing experience combined with enthusiasm and additional transferable skills is welcome and there will be a chance to learn and train with the testing team.
Testing will cover such areas as the user interface, menu items, inspecting the 3D assets for errors, gameplay, progression, and all other non-gameplay areas in addition to the game itself. Diligence and the ability to commit to repetitive tasks will be required in these roles.
– Excellent verbal and written English skills as you will be required to communicate with staff from all disciplines (both technical and non-technical) and to write clear bug reports.
– Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
– Diligence in conducting sometimes-repetitive tests and bug isolation.
– Ability to quickly learn new software tools.
– Knowledge of current generation games and hardware.
– Knowledge and use of mobile platforms (such as iOS and Android)
– Previous experience of software testing (including mobile and/or social games)
Desirable additional Skills/Experience:
– Experience of software testing on several different titles.
– Familiarity with testing on the iOS and Android platforms.
– Experience in using bug-tracking and test management tools.
– Experience testing in an Agile environment.
– Understanding of and design of Test Cases.
-Working knowledge of a programming or scripting language.
You can apply HERE.