ReedPop is excited to announce a round-up of some of the event highlights that visitors can look forward to at EGX 2021. From familiar franchises to indie adventures and undiscovered gems, this four-day fan favourite – taking place at London’s ExCel between 7th-10th October – is a welcome return to the UK’s events calendar.
Virgin Media, the sponsor of EGX, has teamed up with Mediatonic’s Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout to exclusively host the game on the Virgin Media stand. Players can compete with friends in Fall Guys’ ‘Squads’ mode against other online teams from around the world, and the most skilled squads at EGX will be presented with exclusive Fall Guys IRL crowns and a chance of winning a PS5.
To further challenge players, Virgin Media is recreating ‘Fall Mountain’ with a giant inflatable Gladiators’ inspired travelator experience. Those daring enough to take on this challenge will be in with a chance to win an exclusive goodie bag to take home. Visitors can also take an exclusive look at upcoming collectible Fall Guys plush and figurines.
In addition to a whole host of Consoles and PCs to play, visitors will have a chance to enjoy Esports Tournaments, Tabletop, Retro Game Zones, Cosplay, Careers advice and a huge collection of Indie Games.
Still can’t get ahold of the hugely in-demand PS5 console? Try it out at EGX, alongside the Xbox Series X/S, in our hands-on Console Corner & Over 18’s Area, where you will be able to play Deathloop on PlayStation5 and Aliens: Fireteam Elite, Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania and more on Xbox Series X.
For the most up-to-date announcements, please keep an eye on the EGX Twitter feed.
Recently announced games include…
- From the creators of Left 4 Dead, thrilling frenetic co-op shooter, Back 4 Blood, will be playable at EGX ahead of its 12th October launch
- Take out your rival assassin on repeat in newly released multiplayer shooter, Deathloop
- IKEA & Republic of Gamers are heading to EGX, where you will be able to experience the new IKEA gaming range as well as loads of other activities across the four days of the show. Visit the EGX website for more information.
- Gather your party, and return to the Forgotten Realms in Baldur’s Gate 3
- Get exclusive global first hands-on play with Conway: Disappearance at Dahlia View, the story-driven observational thriller from the creators of The Occupation and Ether One
- Step inside the iconic Alien universe in Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the cooperative third-person survival shooter set 23 years after the original Alien movie trilogy
- Reminisce and revisit the epic Crysis gaming series with the forthcoming Crysis Remastered Trilogy
- Shoot down nightmarish monsters in Hunt: Showdown, the thrilling, high-stakes PvPvE
- Take a deep dive into the underwater abyss in Silt
- Explore an endless cavern of creatures, relics and resources in the mining sandbox adventure, Core Keeper
- Have a quack at KeyWe, the cute, co-operative postal puzzler starring Jeff and Debra, two small kiwi birds
A sizeable chunk of the event will be devoted to EGX Rezzed, with a dedicated ‘Rezzed Zone’ for indie gaming. Independent development has always been a huge part of the EGX community. Forget the big names, this zone is all about discovering the extraordinary and shedding some well-deserved limelight on the best homegrown projects.
For the first time at EGX, the popular career fair will be rebranded to be the GamesIndustry.biz Academy and offer invaluable advice that will bring visitors close to the UK’s top studios, offering advice and networking opportunities. To check out the schedule head here.
Meanwhile, the EGX Theater will feature presentations from industry names in a purpose-built theatre. On a more intimate scale, Rezzed Sessions will bring attendees the latest news on some of the world’s most exciting pre-release games and deep dive insights into the game development process. People can start to plan their trip by looking at the schedule here.
Fans will also be able to stop by an EGX merchandise area to browse through the biggest selection of EGX and gaming merchandise the event has ever had!