SQUARE ENIX® is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the fan-favorite RPG FINAL FANTASY® VII with a special collaboration event in the battle royale action mobile game FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER.
From today until February 28, players can take part in celebratory in-game events and obtain FINAL FANTASY VII-themed skins, accessories, banners and more as they embark on an intense battle royale experience where they must fight to be the last SOLDIER standing.
To view the FINAL FANTASY VII collaboration trailer for FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLEooyXQ7jc
New content arriving in the FINAL FANTASY VII collaboration event includes:
- Polygon FINAL FANTASY VII Characters – Players can obtain event-limited character skins based on the original FINAL FANTASY VII polygon designs for Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret, Red XIII and Chocobo, with more coming soon.
- 25th Anniversary Collaboration Events – For a limited time, players who defeat event monsters on the battlefield will obtain special reward boxes and collect data pieces that unlock event-limited collectibles. Mission clears will also reward Premium Shinra Pack Tickets (FF7) and data pieces.
- Character Skins & Accessories – Event-exclusive skins and accessories will be available for free for a limited time, including Shinra SOLDIER and Cloud Dress character skins, and a Buster Sword back accessory.
- FINAL FANTASY VII Banners – Players can obtain thematic FINAL FANTASY VII banners to display next to their character name.
- Celebratory Login Bonuses – Players will receive event login bonuses and collect Premium Shinra Pack Tickets (FF7), which can be redeemed for a chance to obtain the collaboration store items, simply by logging in daily during the campaign period.
- FINAL FANTASY VII App Revamp – For a limited time, the FINAL FANTASY VII FIRST SOLDIER game icon, in-game home screen, and UI will be revamped similar to the look of the original FINAL FANTASY VII. In addition, players will hear iconic FINAL FANTASY VII music when entering battles.
“Thank you so much for continuing to play FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER,” said Producer Shoichi Ichikawa. “I played the original FINAL FANTASY VII as a child, and I am ecstatic to come back after all these years as a producer of a title within the FINAL FANTASY VII franchise to celebrate the 25th anniversary with you all! We are about to begin the FINAL FANTASY VII collaboration, and I hope that this will evoke a sense of great nostalgia for fans who’ve played the original FINAL FANTASY VII from 25 years ago, while appealing to newcomers to the franchise with their cute polygon style. I would love for everyone to join the fray during this collaboration period and have fun.”
Players can look forward to more updates to FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER with the upcoming Season 2 content on February 28th, including new materia, weapons, boss and summons, a new Dragoon style and more.
FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER is available as a free download with in-app purchases through the App Store® and Google Play™.